Table of Contents
Unleash AI’s Power to Dominate Google Rankings and Crush Your Competitors with a New Approach to SEO in 2024!
The SEO landscape has dramatically shifted due to AI innovations – with the average Joe now pumping out low-fi SEO content in the hundreds – here is how to stay ahead with SEO in 2024.
How you’ll succeed with SEO in 2024 is way different than how you’d have done it last year. AI, especially ChatGPT, has been a major disruption in search as we know it. But this shift can also be seen as a downward spiral in content quality. Hence, it presents many amazing growth opportunities.
In this quick-read guide, I’ll show you what has changed and three (not so) brand-new but future-proof strategies to get ahead of 95% of your competitors who are most probably still stuck in last year’s tactics. These alternative strategies will keep you on the path to higher rankings no matter what comes out of this whole AI Revolution (Apocalypse thing. Wait a second – Ain´t Terminators also powered by AI?)
The next AI disruption is coming up for SEO in 2024, and what has already changed in 2023?
ChatGPT’s role in transforming content creation and Google’s new search experience.
So, what exactly changed this past year? First, ChatGPT rolled out, making churning out SEO content, articles, and blog posts much easier at scale. And we are not talking about these smart people blasting hundreds of generic blog posts daily. All of this new noise only led to a flood of poorly written, artificially generated content while trying to check the system in their favor. (Check, check, check, hey… why doesn´t it check?)
Then, taking a hint from ChatGPT that gives users a straight answer to their questions, Google introduced the Google Search Experience, planning on giving similar straight-up AI-generated answers in search results, which freaked out many SEO experts.
The Rise of Commodity Content: Challenges and Opportunities for your SEO in 2024
The big question is: How to differentiate your content in a flood of AI-generated articles.
With the internet now being flooded by super boring, generic content, it’s even more crucial than ever to stand out. But how do you succeed when all the AI-powered SEO content you created is dull, and Google shows less of your website content as the quality does not hold up with the Helpful Content Update they introduced in October 2023? The key is understanding the upside of these Google Search changes and playing into the new opportunities.
Future-proof SEO Strategies: Beat 95% of Your Competitors
Look for alternative strategies to ensure top rankings in the AI-driven SEO world.
Let’s delve into how you can future-proof your strategy for SEO in 2024. An MIT study found that unskilled writers using ChatGPT could create 40% more content with 18% higher quality. But here’s the problem: SEO is about matching the searcher’s intent with the right content. But even though the Fletscher´s Reading Test recommends dumbing down your readability to the standard of a 5th-grade student, you will definitely lose rankings if your content feels like a soulless term paper. The solution? Use AI to create more but better-researched content and infuse it with your human perspective.
How to Leverage ChatGPT for Quality Content
Boosting content quality with ChatGPT – Use your Human Brain!
ChatGPT can be a powerful tool for generating a wide range of SEO-friendly content. I totally recommend using AI to help research and create a topical map to establish authority in your niche by touching as many relevant topics as possible in your industry. I even recommend creating a Wiki that defines all the industry-related keywords in layman’s terms, just like a dictionary. This Wiki provides perfect short-term explanations and can be used to interlink the given keywords with other pages of your website automatically. Internal linking is a big on-page SEO optimization strategy that can be fully automated with the right tools. (OK: I am speaking about WordPress right now, but you get the picture).
With a good starting point, you can then use ChatGPT to help you generate comprehensive post outlines and turn them into fully written articles. But don´t ever use the content from any AI as it is. Always make sure to give it a human retouching that includes correcting the spelling and grammar with Grammarly and adding a human “voice.” But remember, the key is adding your unique perspective to make the content truly stand out. Add some inspirational quotes and anecdotes or spicy stories from your industry experience. Provocative claims from a different viewpoint might always spark a good debate in the comments section.
That is the kind of content people love and look for. Not only in business books but also in your everyday articles. If you are not able to show some human soul, why even bother to sign up for your newsletter? No one wants to read a scientific research paper for a blog post. Uuurgh…
Crafting Human-Centric AI Content: The New SEO Gold
The importance of human touch in AI-generated content for better engagement that helps boost your SEO in 2024.
What keeps AI-powered content from connecting with people is the lack of human experience and perspective. ChatGPT hasn’t experienced the world like you have. It hasn´t worked in your industry for the last ten years; it hasn´t run a marathon or had to care for children growing up in Corona. So, infuse your content with your personal experience, your opinions, shrewd advice, and unique insights. This human element is what people seek to be answered in their search results.
Embracing Video SEO in 2024: YouTube is an Untapped Goldmine
Why pivoting to YouTube can be a game-changer for your SEO strategy in 2024.
In 2024, a significant SEO strategy is pivoting to video, particularly YouTube. And there are several reasons for that:
- You must understand that YouTube is the second-biggest search engine after Google, which can significantly boost your business. Think about it: How many hours a week do you spend researching stuff on Google (now with ChatGPT anyway) or looking for video tutorials on YouTube? Some 15 years ago, a company called Video 2 Brain was the first to turn these boring 1,000-page software user manuals into easy-to-digest video DVDs. Does anyone still have a DVD Player around in the Netflix era, ehm? No, of course not! And today, no one would even think about writing, much less ordering a 1,000-page user manual for software! Times have changed, and YouTube serves that digital food for our brains. Next short please!
- Your Videos can be found both on YouTube and Google searches because SEO is basically the same for YouTube as for Google Search. And it makes total sense because YouTube is a Google (well, Alphabet) company. Why reinvent the wheel and do a different thing when you can just use what already works (and is their primary money-making feature, including ads. And who serves ads for YouTube? Google, of course. See any correlation here?
- A nice trick that hardly anyone knows about is embedding your YouTube video on your website (right inside your blog post), which increases your chances of ranking in Google searches by two times. Gosh…
YouTube SEO in 2024: Strategies for Visibility and Engagement
Leveraging YouTube’s SEO potential to boost your online presence.
- Research your keywords for YouTube SEO in 2024 and create engaging videos that people want to watch. The trick here is to actually show up in the video and talk it through yourself because this is something that AI is still not able to replicate easily (even though they are working on this deep-fake AI Avatar stuff as we speak).
- Use your keywords in the title, the meta description, and actually say them right at the start of your video. This optimizes your video for search.
- But the real magic happens when your videos start getting surfaced naturally on YouTube. When enough people start interacting with your video, the YouTube algorithm will help push it and show it to even more people outside of your direct audience.
Conclusion: Harness AI for SEO Success in 2024
Summarizing the key strategies to leverage AI for unparalleled success with your SEO in 2024.
In conclusion, while AI has disrupted the SEO landscape in 2023, it has also shown that bad content is not a solution to the still complex problem of ranking on top of Google Search. If anything, then 2023 has shown its downsides but also opened up new potential for growth with innovative strategies. You can stay ahead in the SEO game by leveraging ChatGPT for content creation, adding a human touch to AI-generated content, and embracing video SEO on platforms like YouTube. Remember, the key to successful SEO in 2024 is blending AI efficiency with human creativity and insight.
And don´t forget that your blog content is only half the rent regarding Google Ranking factors. Backlinks still count for up to 50% of your SEO profile, so make sure you read our Easy Beginner Guide to SEO Link-Building in 2024.