1. Please check if any of these known issues apply to your case:
- Old PHP versions below 7.2 might trigger a fatal error for the plugin
- WP version minimum 5.9
- Cloudflare CDN is blocking the connection by default – please deactivate it.
- Have you (de)activated your caching plugins?
- Does this error still exist if you temporarily disable all other plugins? If not, then one of the plugins is funking this up.
- Temporarily deactivate all your caching, site optimization, and security plugins for the installation process.
2. You cannot connect after first installation OR reconnect after Plugin reinstallation
If you have reinstalled the plugin after not using it for some time or migrated your hosting to a new server:
Please ask our support to revoke your API token.
3. Web Hosting Providers that block the server connection by default
Some hosting providers have been found to set an unnecessarily high level of restrictions in favor of “Security.” In this case, you need to contact their support team and ask them to lower their restrictions. If they do not comply, the ViSPR plugin will only work after a website migration to another hosting provider.
- A2 hosting
- 20i hosting
We recommend Siteground, as we are hosting with them and know that they are one of the very best hosting providers on the planet. Siteground is so dedicated to WordPress that they even develop their own plugins to optimize WordPress for their server settings.
Siteground has added a new security payer that might also block our API requests. In this case you need to ask their support to whitelist our plugin, then it will work like normal.
4. Hosting Server Config Problems related to timeout (cURL)
5. How to fix the errors shown on the reporting page?
Valid Membership Role
An error will appear if your user role is not set up to an active membership plan.
Valid Main Category
An error will appear if your main category is not set up.
Valid Partner Page URL
An error will appear if you have actively deleted the partner page, changed the URL, or changed it to pending or draft mode.
Live Page Status is 200
An error will appear if your pages are permanently cached (using static or non-dynamic cache), or the website is in maintenance mode.
Valid Page Meta Tags
An error will only appear if you have actively changed the meta tag and/or robots.txt settings for the partner page URL from “follow” to “nofollow” and/or “index” to “noindex”.
Or if an installed caching-, SEO-, or security plugin has automatically changed these meta tag values from the default setup.
Most of the times, your web hosting is denying these settings and applying automated “nofollow” and “Noindex” attributes. It is recommended to always ask your hosting support first before reporting an error to our support.
Valid Domain Authority
An error will appear if we cannot extract your website’s domain authority. In this case, pleas contact support, as we can manually fix this for you.
SPAMscore is below 20
An error will appear if the SPAMscore of your website is higher than 20. In this case, you are being blocked until you update your website and removed anything that increases your SPAMscore. After taking these actions, you can manually check your SPAMscore and let our support know to recheck this value, so we can manually update this data for you. Only then can you become unblocked and rejoin the partner network.
In all of the above cases,
please manually apply the fixes and wait for 24h for our system to update your data.
After the set cached data period is over, you will be automatically matched with other partners again.